Student Fee Policies
FEE PAYMENT MODE
The Institute accepts the following payment modes:
- Internet Banking / TT Remittance
- Cheque payable to 'William Angliss Institute Pte. Ltd.'
- PayNow via UEN number 201023608D (William Angliss Institute Pte Ltd)
- Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
- SkillsFuture Credit: payable to William Angliss Institute
LATE PAYMENT POLICY
- The Institute will ensure that all students who have applied for a course understand the Institute’s Late Payment Policy, and acknowledge this by signing the Student Contract.
- As per the Student Contract (with reference to Section 1 Course Information and Fees), the Institute will consider payments made more than 30 days after the scheduled due date(s) included in Schedule B in the Student Contract as late payments.
- Students who pay after the scheduled due dates may have a late payment fee imposed on them. Students are required to pay this extra fee in addition to their current payment.
- Students that do not comply with this policy will be considered for withdrawal from the course.
- The Institute reserves the final discretion to impose the late payment fee.
STUDENT REFUND POLICY
1. The Institute’s Management Team shall ensure a fair and reasonable refund policy is detailed for any payments made.
2. Time taken to process all refund requests will be done within 7 working days, from the date of application to disbursement of funds to the student
3. Computation of the refund amount is to be communicated to students.
4. The Institute is to maintain a List of Refunds, which is to be updated within 3 days after processing of the refund.
5. The Institute adopts the Refund Policy as per the Standard Student Contract as set out by CPE. This Policy will act as a framework in guiding the implementation of detailed refund processes and procedures in the following areas:
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
- Cooling off Period
6. Institute Refund Policy as per clauses in the Standard Student Contract: -
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course:
The PEI will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the standard student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons:
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the standard student contract, the PEI will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the standard student contract.
Refund during Cooling-off Period:
The PEI will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Standard Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]
More than 30 days before the course commencement date
Before, but not more than 30 days before the course commencement date
More than 0 days after the course commencement date
7. Conditions where a course may be cancelled:
- The intake does not meet the agreed minimum enrolment of students.
- The teacher is suddenly hospitalised and a substitute teacher cannot be found.
8. Non Refundable Fees
The Institute’s Non-refundable fees are reflected in Schedule C of the Standard Student Contract. No refunds will be made should fees fall under this category.
STUDENT REFUND PROCEDURE
1. Student to Fill Up Refund Request Form
- In the event of any refunds that is to be requested, students are to fill up the Refund Request Form and hand it to the Student Services Executive for further processing.
- Any supporting documentations that are required to process the refund request must also be submitted along with the Refund Request Form. This includes the Course Withdrawal, Course Transfer Request Forms or Deferment Request Form.
- Reasons for Refund must also be clearly documented in the Refund Request Form.
2. Student Services Executive To Contact Student
- Upon receipt of the Refund Request Form (including supporting documents if any), Student Services Executive will contact the student where further information is required and acknowledge the receipt of the refund request by signing on the form. This is to be done within 2 working days upon receipt of the Refund Request Form (based on the date of application).
3. Establishing of Refund Category and Amount
- Student Services Executive is to refer to the Standard Student Contract details to establish if a refund is to be made to the students.
- Student Services Executive will work out a Refund Amount (if any) based on the Refund Policy as stated in the Standard Student Contract. This amount will be indicated on the Refund Request Form.
4. Management Approval of Refund Amount
• Upon establishing of Refund Amount, Student Services Executive is to seek the approval of a member of the Management Team before the Refund Amount can be disbursed.
• Such Management Approval should be documented in the Refund Request Form.
• All refund amounts will strictly adhere to the Refund Policy as stated under the Standard Student Contract
5. Disbursement of Refund Amount if approved
- Upon Management Approval of Refund Amount, the Finance Executive will proceed with the issuance of the refund amount through the student's preferred refund option and record it in the Refund Request Form.
- Student Services Executive / Finance Executive is to contact the student to inform them on the refund status and collection of refund payment if approved.
6. Student Acknowledgement of Refund Amount
- During the collection of refund, the Student Services Executive / Finance Executive is to communicate to the student on the computation of the refund amount.
- Student is to acknowledge receipt of Refund Amount and the explanation of the computation in the Refund Request Form.