CONTRACT AND INSURANCES
INFORMATION ON THE STANDARD STUDENT CONTRACT
The Standard PEI-Student Contract ("Student Contract") Angliss adopts is a very important legal document between The Institute and the student.
It is the responsibility of The Institute to explain the following contents of the student contract in English or in the native language of the student, where applicable.
- Course information and Fees
- Course information and Fees Refund Policy, including Refunds for Withdrawal for Cause and Refunds for Withdrawal without Cause
- Fee Protection Scheme Insurance unless waiver declared - See below
- Medical Insurance Scheme for full-time students
- Any other information as deemed necessary
All students are required to sign two original sets of student contract. One set will be given to the student and one set will be kept by The Institute.
Each student contract is meant for admission to one course only and individual student contracts will be entered with each student admitted into the course offered.
If any amendment is made which will change the original intent of the student contract, both the student and Angliss must sign beside the amendment(s) on both sets of the original student contracts.
All fields must be completed in the student contract. Where it is not applicable, it must be indicated with "not applicable or N/A".
Students are given a 7 working day cooling off period from the date of signing the contract, whereby should they decide to withdraw from the course, they will be refunded the highest percentage stated in Schedule D.
If a student wishes to repeat a module, a new student contract (or addendum) has to be issued.
There are Miscellaneous Fees that may apply and they will be outlined in the Student Contract appearing as follows;
|Purpose of Fee||
|Student pass processing fee||214|
|Angliss t-shirts (per piece)||26.75|
|Appeal fee (per unit)||53.50|
|Reassessment fees - Not yet competent (per unit)||53.50|
|No show to scheduled assessment time||107|
Transport and assessor fee (for Tourist Guide students’ reassessment)
53.50 per hour + 200 per assessor
|Catch-up private class||288.90|
|Late payment of course fees (30 days from payment due date)||107|
|Deferment fee (per unit)||230.05 + 5.35 per unit hour|
|Student pass renewal processing fee||30|
|Student pass renewal issuance fee||90|
|Student pass renewal medical checkup (if required)||47.19 onwards|
|Retake (per unit) *failure to meet min. attendance||535|
|Graduate ceremony fee||35-50|
Miscellaneous fees refer to any non-compulsory fees which students pay only when applicable. Such fees are normally collected by the PEI when the need arises.
FEE PROTECTION SCHEME AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
Information on fee protection scheme
The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect the students' fees in the event a Private Education Institution (PEI) is unable to continue operations due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure.
Furthermore, the FPS protects the student if the PEI fails to pay penalties or return fees to the student arising from judgments made against it by the Singapore courts.
FPS is compulsory for both local and international students taking courses unless a waiver is granted by CPE.
The following are ways for students to be ensured that their fees are well-protected.
A copy of Angliss's certificate of FPS Insurance Policy is available here.
Details of FPS are included in the PEI-standard student contract. Students should be aware of the clauses and details of the adopted FPS when signing the student contract and the advisory note.
Students will receive a copy of the COI from the FPS Insurance Provider through email.
Fee Protection Company: Lonpac Insurance BHD
Policy Number: Z/20/BM00/000855
Period of Insurance: 01 October 2020 to 30 September 2021
Angliss provides medical insurance coverage for all full time international students on a valid visa and enrolled with Angliss. Singaporeans and PRs are automatically covered by MediShield Life.
Insurance Company: NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited
- this is a refund insurance plan, in other words, the insured student has to pay for the medical fees by him/herself when he/she is hospitalised
- the student has to submit a claim form with the assistance of Angliss's student services department within 30 days from the date of discharge from hospitalisation, from the date of death or from the date expenses were incurred for which the claim is made.
- Angliss will submit the claim on behalf of the student and upon confirmation from the medical insurance provider; Angliss will inform the student of the claim outcome.
- interpretation of this medical insurance policy is based on the original contract provided by the insurance company in English
- the student may wish to increase coverage and can purchase additional insurance coverage by themselves or with the assistance of Angliss
View our Medical Insurance Certificate Insurance here.
Please click on the following links for more information:
- Benefit Schedule for William Angliss Institute Pte Ltd
- Group Hospital and Surgical Insurance Product Summary