Information on standard student contract
The Standard PEI-Student Contract (“Student Contract”) WAI adopts is a very important legal document between the Institute and the student.
It is the responsibility of the Institute to explain the following contents of the student contract in English or in the native language of the student, where applicable.
- Course information and Fees
- Course information and Fees Refund Policy, including Refunds for Withdrawal for Cause and Refunds for Withdrawal without Cause
- Fee Protection Scheme Insurance unless waiver decalred - See below
- Medical Insurance Scheme for full-time students
- Any other information as deemed necessary
All students are required to sign two original sets of student contract. One set will be given to the student and one set will be kept by the Institute.
If any amendment is made which will change the original intent of the student contract, both the student and WAI must sign beside the amendment(s) on both sets of the original student contracts.
All fields must be completed in the student contract. Where it is not applicable, it must be indicated with “not applicable or N/A”.
A sample of the Standard PEI-Student Contract used by the Institute can be found on CPE’s website here.
There are Miscellaneous Fees that may apply and they will be outlined in the Student Contract appearing as follows;
Information on fee protection scheme
The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect the students' fees in the event a Private Education Institution (PEI) is unable to continue operations due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure.
Furthermore, the FPS protects the student if the PEI fails to pay penalties or return fees to the student arising from judgments made against it by the Singapore courts.
FPS is compulsory for both local and international students taking courses unless a waiver is granted by CPE.
The following are ways for students to be ensured that their fees are well-protected.
A copy of WAI’s certificate of FPS Insurance Policy is available here.
Details of FPS are included in the PEI-standard student contract. Students should be aware of the clauses and details of the adopted FPS when signing the student contract and the advisory note.
Students will receive a copy of the COI from Institute and also a copy from the FPS Insurance Provider through email.
Fee Protection Company: Lonpac Insurance BHD
Policy Number: Z/15/BM00/000545
Period of Insurance: 01 October 2016 to 30 September 2017
WAI provides medical insurance coverage for all full time students enrolled with WAI.
Insurance Company: AXA Insurance Pte. Ltd.
• this is a refund insurance plan, in other words, the insured student has to pay for the medical fees by him/herself when he/she is hospitalised
• the student has to submit a claim form with the assistance of WAI’s Student Services Department
• WAI will submit the claim on behalf of the student and upon confirmation from the medical insurance provider, WAI will inform the student of the claim outcome
• interpretation of this medical insurance policy is based on the original contract provided by the insurance company in English
• the student may wish to increase coverage and can purchase additional insurance coverage by themselves or with the assistance of WAI
Please click here for a copy of the Medical Insurance Certificate.
Please click on the following links for more information: