As the numbers of business visitors continue to grow, the Singapore MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events) industry is in demand. Working in this vibrant, international and diverse industry will require you to have strong skills in attention to detail and enjoy planning and organising events. Whether it’s planning logistics, designing or setting up an exhibit, meeting individual requests or last minute changes, a career in this industry is fast-paced and ensures your work responsibilities vary greatly from day to day.
Just looking at a couple of examples you have;
- The Singapore EXPO Convention and Exhibition Centre hosts about 600 events on average each year and it is expanding
- Resorts World Sentosa has a column-free ballroom that seats 6,500 delegates, as well as 30 function rooms
- Marina Bay Sands’ convention facilities spreads over 5 levels, has the capacity for 2,000 exhibition booths and can accommodate up to 45,000 delegates.
The Singapore MICE industry is a real growth area so employment opportunities are high with strong career development and advancement.
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in MICE and Events
- WSQ Diploma in Tourism - MICE and Events
- Advanced Diploma of Event Management