Assessment and Course Completion
Competency-Based Assessment for this qualification may include Practical Performance, Role Plays, Oral Questioning, Workplace Observation, and Written Questions, Industry Research Projects and e-learning assessments or feedback from workplace supervisors.
Course Completion Criteria
Attendance for WSQ Courses
- Student Pass Holders are required to maintain a class attendance of 90% and above as per Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) requirements.
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students holding a DP/LTVP are required to maintain a class attendance of 75% and above.
- Achieve 'Competent' for all units
Upon successful completion of this WSQ course, trainees will receive a WSQ Diploma in Tourism (Events Management and Operations).
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
- Minimum 16 years old and above.
- Academic requirements – Admission is on the basis of academic merit where students have completed GCE N levels with at least 2 passes, including English and Mathematics
- Industry experience – where possible, or in the absence of suitable academic requirements, students with a demonstrated attitude, skills and knowledge, developed through industry experience of 2 years may be suitable. Industries include Tourism, Hospitality, Food and Beverage, Catering Services.
- English language proficiency – students must have a good command of written and spoken English, GCN N Level pass in English or equivalent
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International Students are eligible to apply for this course.