Meetings and Events
As the numbers of business visitors continue to grow, the Singapore MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events) industry is in demand.
Working in this vibrant, international and diverse industry will require you to have strong skills in attention to detail and enjoy planning and organising events. Whether it's planning logistics, designing or setting up an exhibit, meeting individual requests or last-minute changes, a career in this industry is fast-paced and ensures your work responsibilities vary greatly from day to day.
Example of the MICE & Events Industry in Singapore:
- Suntec Singapore can host events for 10 to 10,000 people across 42,000m2 of event space
- The Singapore EXPO Convention and Exhibition Centre hosts an average of 600 events each year and is expanding
- Resorts World Sentosa has a column-free ballroom that seats 6,500 delegates, as well as an additional 30 function rooms
- Marina Bay Sands' convention facilities spread over 5 levels, has the capacity for 2,000 exhibition booths and can accommodate up to 45,000 delegates.
- Weddings and Private Events are held across Hotels, Clubs and Restaurants every day of the year
- Boutique Event Organisations work with local and international organisations managing their requirements for anything from floral arrangements to staging to hosting VIP guests.
The Singapore MICE industry is a high growth industry, so employment opportunities are high, with strong career development and advancement opportunities for passionate people.
WSQ Diploma in Tourism (MICE and Events)
or dedicated students with aspirations for a rewarding tourism career, the Diploma qualification offers valuable interactive learning combined with practical experience and skills.
WSQ Advanced Certificate in MICE and Events
The WSQ Advanced Certificate in MICE & Events course includes coverage of essential financial, loss prevention, staff training and staff supervision skills. Ths WSQ course also provides a selection of supplementary knowledge (selected to meet industry and/or individual need) drawn from MICE and events operations, sales and marketing and service excellence.
Australian Advanced Diploma of Event Management
The course content includes development of an event proposal and manage all aspects of the proposal based on their learning in key subject areas such as management, human resources, financial management, researching current event industry trends, event feasibility, marketing trends.