Appeal procedure for results
- Upon release of results, students who are dissatisfied with the outcome may submit an Assessment Appeal Form to the Student Services Executive. This is to be done within 7 working days of the release of Assessment results.
- The Student Services Executive is to acknowledge the receipt of the Assessment Appeal Form within 3 working days, and proceed to submit the appeal to the Academic HOD.
- The Academic HOD is to review the appeal request and decide if it is a valid appeal. If the request qualifies for an appeal, a different assessor will be designated to re-mark the paper. Comments in relation to the re-mark must be stated in the Assessment Appeal Form, which would be circulated to all Examination Board Members for their review and approval.
- All decisions made by the Examination Board are final.
- The Student Services Executive will inform the student of the final decision within two weeks from the date of the appeal.
- Should there be changes required, the Student Services Executive will make the necessary amendments to the results slip based on the appeal result.
Dispute Resolution Policy
Handling of Feedbacks and Complaints
- The Institute accepts both written (emails / letters / Feedback Forms) and verbal communications (meetings / telephone correspondences) for ease of providing feedback.
- The Institute is to seek feedback from its key stakeholders and external partners for continual improvement of its systems and processes.
- All feedbacks and complaints must be properly recorded and /or documented. Any correspondence (including actions taken) between the Institute and the student must be annexed as evidences. This is to ensure that any staffs handling the case are kept aware of the progress / outcomes.
- In the event of any appeals for retention, suspension, expulsion and awards, the Institute’s Dispute Policy and Process shall follow.
- It is the responsibility of the Student Services Department to notify relevant departments of any feedbacks and complaints.
- Students must be kept informed of the status of their feedback / complaints.
- Student Services Department is to respond to respective students within 2 working days of receipt of the feedback / complaint.
- All feedbacks / complaints must be resolved within 21 working days. In the event that the deadline is not adhered to, respective students must be notified and the reasons with regards to the delay must be made known.
- All feedback and complaints are to be evaluated, and improvements to be made in response to them. Such improvements are to be documented for re-evaluation after its implementation, and the complainant/person giving feedback will be informed.
Review of Feedback and Complaints Management System
- The Management Team will review all feedbacks and complaints on an annual basis. This is to be documented in a report format.
- Management Team will also use this review as a platform for reviewing the Feedback and Complaints Management System. The Management Team is to use the points discussed within the review and evaluate how the system can be improved.
- The Management Team is to regularly review the Feedback and Complaints Management System, Communication Channels, Policy and Procedures within the Institute, and see how they can be improved.
Alternate Remedies in Dispute Resolution
- In the event that the Institute and the student cannot come to an agreement or the student does not accept the final decision made by the Institute’s Management Team, they will be referred to Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) or Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) through CPE Student Services Centre for mediation.
Dispute Resolution Procedure
- Students who wish to provide any positive or negative feedback and / or complaints to the Institute should adhere to the following procedure:
- Students are to approach the Student Services Executive to request for a Feedback Form or it can be collected from the brochure stand at the reception. When the student has completed the form they submit it to the Student Services Executive or place it the Student Feedback box. Alternatively, Students can email their feedback to a Student Services Executive via the Institute's email address or the Student Services Executive's email address.
- The Student Services Executive will check the student feedback box daily or if feedback form is emailed in then the Student Services Executive fills in the feedback form on their behalf. Student Services Executive acknowledges any positive or negative feedback / complaint received, updates the printed Student Complaints & Feedback Register and files into the Student Complaints & Feedback Folder. This should be done within 2 working days.
- Student Services Executive will review the negative feedback / complaint and discuss it with relevant parties on issue raised. A formal investigation will be carried out if necessary.
- Relevant parties will then propose a solution for the issue raised and the Student Services Executive will explain it clearly to the student.
- The student should acknowledge the situation within 21 working days, whether he / she accepts or is satisfied with the proposed solution.
- If the student is not satisfied with the proposed solution, he / she can escalate the matter up to the Centre Director (for non-academic issues) or the Academic HOD (for academic issues). The respective person will investigate the case and take necessary actions to resolve it.
- If the student is still not satisfied with the outcome / decision, he / she will be referred to the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) or Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) through the CPE Student Services Centre.
- The entire process should not take more than 21 working days.
Note: As Feedback can be generic and / or positive, the Institute will have the discretion of the need to reply to students.