The Careers and Employment Service provides William Angliss Institute students and recent graduates with access to job opportunities, career development services and industry engagement.
Develop your professional and personal skills by accessing our Careers and Employment service. Our service can assist you with career development and opportunities to gain valuable experience to ensure a smooth transition from study to work.
Throughout the year we offer one on one appointments, workshops, events, employment opportunities and industry information sessions.
Explore your career and improve your skills with our career development resources.
Have a career question? Need your resume checked?
You can drop in or book an appointment (login required) with our Careers Coordinator to have your resume or cover letter checked, practice for interviews and gain general career advice. They can provide feedback on how to improve your application.
Availability: Monday to Friday, 9am – 3pm
Location: Careers & Employment | Level 1, Building C
Careers & Employment workshops
We regularly run careers & employment workshops throughout the year including:
- Resume writing
- Interview skills
- Working in Australia
- Networking skills
Keep an eye out for workshop times and secure yourself a place by booking head on CareerHub.
A range of resources and fact sheets are available on searching for work, volunteer rights and responsibilities, applying for jobs (resumes, cover letters and samples) and preparing for interviews. These resources are available in hardcopy in the Lounge and electronically via CareerHub.
Looking for employment? Check out these resources to assist with your job search.
CareerHub is William Angliss Institute’s online jobs notice board. Search CareerHub (login required) and discover:
- Jobs including casual, part-time, full-time and graduate opportunities.
- Volunteer opportunities to help you gain invaluable experience in your industry
- Resources to help get you job ready and improve your job search skills
- Events including on campus employer information and recruitment sessions, careers and employment workshops, professional networking opportunities and industry relevant external events
Work with William Angliss Institute
Become a Student Ambassador and gain paid work experience in marketing, business administration, relationship management and events.
Immerse yourself in another lifestyle and culture with fantastic global learning experiences.
Find out more about our Study Tours, Study Abroad, and Work Abroad opportunities.
Look out for upcoming careers events to help with your future career and build your employability skills. Stay up to date via CareerHub.
On Campus Employer Information and Recruitment Sessions
Regular on campus information and recruitment sessions are held throughout the academic year. This provides students with opportunities to participate in large events such as the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival, Spring Racing Carnival and many more; and learn about career opportunities and pathways within the Foods, Hospitality, Tourism and Events industries.
Major Careers Events
The Careers & Employment Service organises three major events annually, providing you with the opportunity to hear from industry representatives sharing their career journeys.
- Careers & Jobs Fair: held in March, provides students the opportunity to find casual and part time employment opportunities.
- Speed Networking Event: held in May and invites a number of industry professionals on campus to connect and network with current students.
- Careers & Employment Expo: held in August. Allows current students and recent graduates to explore their career and employment journeys with leaders within Foods, Hospitality, Events and Tourism industries.
- Careers & Jobs Fair: Thursday 21 March
- Speed Networking Event: Monday 13 & Tuesday 14 May
- Careers & Employment Expo: Tuesday 27 August
The Angliss Rising Leaders Award recognises the many activities and events students are involved in, and encourages them to expand skills and experiences through reward and recognition.
The award offers students a chance to boost employability, improve their professional networks and receive recognition for their involvement in William Angliss Institute activities. Holders of the award also have increased opportunities to attend conferences and other professional development opportunities.
Contact and Location:
Careers & Employment Service
Building C, Level 1
P 03 9606 2137
If you are an employer looking to recruit William Angliss Institute, please click here for a list of services available.