Assessment and Course Completion Criteria
Competency Based Assessment for WSQ Tourist Guide Course may include:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Practical Assessment
- Role Plays
- Oral Questioning
- Case Studies
- Written Questions
Course Completion Criteria
Attendance for WSQ Courses
- Students are required to maintain a class attendance of 75% and above.
- Achieve 'Competent' for all units
Upon successful completion of the WSQ Tourist Guide Course , participants will receive 3 WSQ Statement of Attainments (SOAs) and this is a pre-requisite in being eligible to take the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) Tourist Guide License assessment resulting in being officially licenced to conduct tours in Singapore.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
- Minimum 21 years old and above
- GCE “O” Level pass in English (Min Grade B4) or workplace literacy skills at the proficiency level equivalent to WSQ WPL Level 6 as stated in the Employability Skills WSQ Framework (for applications of Tourist Guide Licence)
- Basic knowledge of Tourism industry and organisational product and services
- Preferably 1 year of working experience
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Work Pass holders in Singapore are eligible to apply for the WSQ Tourist Guide Course.
|SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy:||Singapore Citizens aged ≥ 40 years old - up to 70% of course fees.|
|SkillsFuture Credit:||Offset against nett course fee - applied for by student before start of course.|
|PSEA:||Funds in Post-Secondary Education Accounts (PSEA) may be able to be used to pay for approved programmes. This funding will offset against the nett course fee at the commencement of the course.|
|UTAP:||NTUC members may enjoy up to 50%** unfunded nett course fee support of up to $250 each year for courses supported under UTAP. Members aged 40 and above can enjoy higher funding support up to $500 per individual each year, capped at 50% of unfunded nett course fees, for courses attended between 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022. This funding is applied for by the student once the course has finished. Nett course fees are due prior to the start of the course.|
|Workfare Skills Scheme (WSS):||Self sponsored Trainees may receive $6.00 per training hour, capped at 180 hours if their gross income is not more than $2,300.00 per month. Trainees may apply for this funding themselves once course has been fully completed. All nett course fees are payable before the commencement of the course. Other terms and conditions apply.|