Assessment and Course Completion Criteria
Competency Based Assessment for WSQ Tourist Guide Course may include:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Practical Assessment
- Role Plays
- Oral Questioning
- Case Studies
- Written Questions
Course Completion Criteria
Attendance for WSQ Courses
- Student Pass Holders are required to maintain a class attendance of 90% and above as per Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) requirements.
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students holding a DP/LTVP are required to maintain a class attendance of 75% and above.
- Achieve 'Competent' for all units
Upon successful completion of the WSQ Tourist Guide Course , participants will receive 6 WSQ Statement of Attainments (SOAs) and this is a pre-requisite in being eligible to take the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) Tourist Guide License assessment resulting in being officially licenced to conduct tours in Singapore.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
- Minimum 21 years old and above
- GCE “O” Level pass in English (Min Grade B4) or workplace literacy skills at the proficiency level equivalent to WSQ WPL Level 6 as stated in the Employability Skills WSQ Framework (for applications of Tourist Guide Licence)
- Basic knowledge of Tourism industry and organisational product and services
- Preferably 1 year of working experience
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International Students are eligible to apply for the WSQ Tourist Guide Course - NC/NAP course.
*We are no longer enrolling new students in this course*
SSG funding is may be applicable to Singaporeans and PRs and includes the following types:
|SSG Regular Funding
|For Singapore Citizens and PRs
|Up to 70% SSG Funding
|Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme:
For Singapore Citizens aged 35 years old and above and earn a monthly income of not more than $2,000.00.
|95% SSG Funding
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES): 90% SSG funding
|For Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above.
|90% SSG Funding
Please note: 8% GST will apply for all payable course fees once the funding has been applied.
Nett Fee Payment Scheme
Payment is Nett course fee only therefore all funding will be applied first where applicable. It is also eligible to be paid for by SkillsFuture Credit payments.