Assessment and Course Completion
Competency-Based Assessment for this qualification may include Practical Performance, Role Plays, Oral Questioning, Workplace Observation, and Written Questions, Industry Research Projects and e-learning assessments or feedback from workplace supervisors.
Course Completion Criteria
Attendance for WSQ Courses
- Student Pass Holders are required to maintain a class attendance of 90% and above as per Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) requirements.
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students holding a DP/LTVP are required to maintain a class attendance of 75% and above.
- Achieve 'Competent' for all units
Upon successful completion of this WSQ course, trainees will receive a WSQ Higher Certificate in Tourism
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
- Minimum 16 years old and above.
- WSQ ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 or equivalent (i.e. GCE 'N' Level Passes in English and Mathematics)
- Other qualifications may be reviewed on a case-to-case basis during the application
- English language proficiency - students must have a good command of written and spoken English, GCSE N Level pass in English or equivalent
- Suitability to industry demonstrated through attitude and knowledge of Tourism, Hospitality, Food and Beverage or Catering Services industries
- Interest and passion in the Tourism, Hospitality, Food and Beverage or Catering Services industry
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International Students are eligible to apply for the WSQ Higher Certificate in Tourism.