This popular Australian qualification is now being delivered in Singapore.
The Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management offers exceptional learning experiences for participants dedicated to a successful career in travel and tourism management. Setting you up for management roles across a range of venues and companies, you'll uncover the unique skill set required to succeed in a management career in the tourism industry or to operate your own travel business.
The course will give you an advanced and comprehensive understanding of how the tourism industry operates and allow you to explore theoretical concepts to support your travel and tourism expertise. You'll develop key skills in business planning, asset management, finance, human resources and marketing to open a wide variety of employment opportunities.
THE ANGLISS EXPERIENCE
- Learn from experienced tourism professionals, who are all experienced in the Tourism & Hospitality industry
- Engage in in-depth discussions with other participants from a diverse range of industry backgrounds, and develop practical strategies for industry success
- Experience the Angliss way of learning, where classes are brought to life through field trips, guest speakers and some fun along the way.
- Become a William Angliss Alumni member with access to leading industry contacts and events
Study AreaTourism, Travel
Course LevelAdvanced Diploma
Course IntakeRegister your interest with us
1 teacher to a maximum of 20 students
On campus - 980 hours
Core – 644 hours Electives – 336 hours
Year 1 Subjects
Year 2 Research Project Subjects
Mode of instruction
Instruction may include lectures, discussions, excursions, guest speakers, demonstrations, case-studies, practical exercises and activities.
For each unit of competency a number of assessment tools have been identified including:
- Work Projects
- Oral Questions
- Written Questions
- Third Party Statements
- Observation Checklists
- Workplace Performance
Course Completion Criteria
Students must complete 27 Units:
- 17 Core units
- 10 Elective units
- The selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the complexity of skills appropriate to the AQF level of this qualification.
- Student Pass Holders are required to maintain a class attendance of 90% and above as per Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) requirements.
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students holding a DP/LTVP, are required to maintain a class attendance of 75% and above.
CERTIFICATION & ARTICULATION
Upon successful completion of the programme, trainees will receive an Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management issued by William Angliss Institute of TAFE certificate.
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management may wish to apply for William Angliss Institute’s Higher Education program in Australia upon completion.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents, International Students and Long Term Pass Holders are eligible to apply for the Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management.
Singaporeans & PRs:
Singapore GCE O level or equivalent with minimum of 3 passes (C6 and above) in English, Mathematics and one other or equivalent.
Minimum C6 in O level English or equivalent.
Successfully completed Secondary or High School education that is equivalent to Singapore GCE O Level with satisfactory results and attendance.
Other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants must be of age 17 and above.
If you have not completed your secondary studies, you need to be at least 21 years of age with demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements and relevant work experience.
The tuition fees are payable on a semester basis. Refer to the Tuition Fees and Policies and Procedure page of the International Course Guide 2022 to access the fee details, payment options and other expenses.