This qualification is the ideal start to a career in the dynamic Hotel and Accommodation Services industry. It will deliver the foundational, practical skills and relevant theories you need to help you get a start in one of the world's most enjoyable industries to work in.
The WSQ Higher Certificate in Hotel & Accommodation Services course prepares you to work in Hotel and Accommodation Services or other related Tourism industries, and to progress into new roles or higher levels in the future. Learners will gain practical experience in working in Front Office, Rooms Administration, Event Coordination or a variety of other roles. Customer Service and Service Innovation are themes throughout this course, as we explore best practices, problem solving and relationship building techniques. If you would like to work in a people focused, enjoyable industry, then this is the course for you.
- We include complimentary workshops for all students including: Interview Skills, Resume Writing Techniques, Career Counselling and Social Media Marketing tips
- SkillsFuture Credit, UTAP & PSEA may be available for eligible students
THE ANGLISS EXPERIENCE
- Learn from experienced tourism professionals, who are all experienced in the Tourism & Hospitality industry
- Engage in in-depth discussions with other participants from a diverse range of industry backgrounds, and develop practical strategies for industry success
- Experience the Angliss way of learning, where classes are brought to life through field trips, guest speakers and some fun along the way.
- Become a William Angliss Alumni member with access to leading industry contacts and events
Course Reference NoTGS-2021006552
Course Intake2022 Class Dates: 26 Oct
Course Funding Period
30 Jun 2021 to 2 May 2023
Full Time – 1.75 months
Part Time – 3.25 months
Average Teacher - Student Ratio1 teacher to a maximum of 20 students
The duration of the Higher Certificate in Hotel and Accommodation Services is 100 hours
Classroom Facilitated Training Duration – 70 hours
Practical Training Duration – 12 hours
Assessment Duration – 18 hours
MODE OF INSTRUCTION
Instruction may include lectures, discussions, excursions, guest speakers, demonstrations, case-studies, practical exercises and activities.
The training hours listed above do not include assessment hours/ nominal face-to-face assessment hours for all units are approximately 2 hours, with additional assessment preparation required outside of class time.
ASSESSMENT AND COURSE COMPLETION
Competency-Based Assessment for this qualification may include Practical Performance, Role Plays, Oral Questioning, Workplace Observation, and Written Questions, Industry Research Projects and e-learning assessments or feedback from workplace supervisors.
COURSE COMPLETION CRITERIA
Attendance for WSQ Courses
- Students are required to maintain a class attendance of 75% and above.
- Achieve 'Competent' for all units
Upon successful completion of this WSQ course, trainees will receive a WSQ Higher Certificate in Hotel and Accommodation Services certificate.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
- Minimum 21 years old and above.
- WSQ ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 or equivalent (i.e. GCE 'N' Level Passes in English and Mathematics)
- Other qualifications may be reviewed on a case-to-case basis during the application
- English language proficiency - students must have a good command of written and spoken English, GCSE N Level pass in English or equivalent
- Suitability to industry demonstrated through attitude and general knowledge of Tourism, Hospitality or Food and Beverage or Catering Services industries
- Interest and passion in the Tourism, Hospitality, Food and Beverage or Catering Services industry
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Work Pass holders in Singapore are eligible to apply for the WSQ Higher Certificate in Hotel and Accommodation Services course.
|SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy:||Singapore Citizens aged ≥ 40 years old - up to 70% of course fees.|
|SkillsFuture Credit:||Offset against nett course fee - applied for by student before start of course.|
|PSEA:||Funds in Post-Secondary Education Accounts (PSEA) may be able to be used to pay for approved programmes. This funding will offset against the nett course fee at the commencement of the course.|
|UTAP:||NTUC members may enjoy up to 50%** unfunded nett course fee support of up to $250 each year for courses supported under UTAP. Members aged 40 and above can enjoy higher funding support up to $500 per individual each year, capped at 50% of unfunded nett course fees, for courses attended between 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022. This funding is applied for by the student once the course has finished. Nett course fees are due prior to the start of the course.|
|Workfare Skills Scheme (WSS):||Self sponsored Trainees may receive $6.00 per training hour, capped at 180 hours if their gross income is not more than $2,300.00 per month. Trainees may apply for this funding themselves once course has been fully completed. All nett course fees are payable before the commencement of the course. Other terms and conditions apply.|
- Fee Protection Insurance: Payable on 1% of nett course fee before GST.
- Subject to eligibility terms and conditions. Please contact Student Services for further information.
- Funding is subject to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval.
- This fee table represents a common funding scenario of 50% funding. Please note that individual students may have differing funding approvals i.e. 50-70%.