ASSESSMENT AND COURSE COMPLETION
Competency Based Assessment for this qualification includes Practical Presentation, Oral Questioning and Written Questions.
COURSE COMPLETION CRITERIA
Attendance for WSQ Courses
- Student Pass Holders are required to maintain a class attendance of 90% and above as per Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) requirements.
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students holding a DP/LTVP are required to maintain a class attendance of 75% and above.
- Achieve 'Competent' for all units
Upon successful completion of this WSQ course, trainees will receive a WSQ Diploma in Hotel and Accommodation Services.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
William Angliss Institute accepts students on the basis of their demonstrated capacity to succeed and who meet the minimum requirements for the level of study and qualification being undertaken.
Entry requirements include:
- Minimum 16 years old and above.
- Learners will be those whom have graduated from high school and either completed prior Tourism & Hospitality studies i.e. Certificate, Higher Certificate and/or Advanced Certificate or have gained appropriate work experience in the Tourism, Hospitality or Events Industries, or a related commercial or service industry.
- Industry experience - where possible, or in the absence of suitable academic requirements, students with a demonstrated attitude, skills and knowledge, developed through industry experience. Industries include Tourism, Hospitality, Food and Beverage, Catering Services.
- English language proficiency - students must have a good command of written and spoken English, Their English language proficiency must meet international language standards for entry into Diploma qualifications. E.g. IELTS (Academic Module overall 5.5, no band below 5.0) or GCSE N/O Levels pass in English.
- Suitability to industry demonstrated through attitude and knowledge of Tourism, Hospitality, Food and Beverage or Catering Services industries.
- Interest and passion in the Tourism, Hospitality, Food and Beverage or Catering Services industry.
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and International Students are eligible to apply for the WSQ Diploma in Hotel and Accomodation Services