DEFERMENT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
STUDENT DEFERMENT POLICY
1. The policy on deferment:
- The definition of deferment is when a student delays or postpones the course (or unit).
2. Conditions for deferment:
- Students can apply for deferment only once.
- Requests for deferment extension will be considered on a case by case basis.
- In apply for deferment, student has to take note of the course completion timelines.
- Students are to note that maximum duration allowed to complete a course should not be more than TWICE the normal registered course duration. For example, if a course is registered as a 1-year duration, the maximum time allowed to complete the course successfully is 2 years.
- Deferment is subjected to the availability of the units / courses offered. The Institute reserves the right to offer similar units / courses in replacement of discontinued units / courses.
3. For Student's Pass holder, ICA will be informed through the application of new Student's Pass. The course deferment is subjected to ICA's approval of the new Student's Pass.
4. If the student contract is still valid, an addendum would be signed to reflect the deferment. For terminated student contracts, a new student contract will be signed based on the procedures for executing student contracts.
5. For students that are under 18 years of age, written consent from the parent / legal guardian must be obtained.
6. All requests must be made in writing through the submission of Deferment Request Form and any supporting documents. Verbal notice is not accepted.
7. All requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and the Institute will have the final decision on the outcome.
8. The Institute's refund policy shall apply for all qualified students. Students are to refer to the Institute's refund policy and the Standard Student Contract for further details.
9. The maximum processing time for deferment process, from the point of student's request to informing student of the outcome in writing, should not be more than 4 weeks.
STUDENT DEFERMENT PROCEDURE
1. Student to submit Deferment Request Form
- Students requesting for a deferment will need to fill up the Deferment Request Form with supporting documents and submit the form to the Student Services Executive.
- Any supporting documentations that are required to process the Deferment Request must be submitted along with the Deferment Request Form.
- For eligible refund cases, the student must also submit the Refund Request Form.
- Reasons for the request should also be documented in the Deferment Request Form.
- For students below the age of 18, the parent / legal guardian's consent must be obtained. Written consent may be obtained through signing on the request form or a separate email or letter correspondence will suffice.
2. Student Services Executive to speak with Student
- Upon receipt of the Deferment Request Form, the Student Services Executive is to meet up with the student to find out further the student's intention of the request. This is to be done within 2 working days upon receipt of the Deferment request form (based on date of application).
- Student Services Executive is to inform students on the following conditions:
- For student's pass holders, their deferment is subject to the approval of their student's pass by ICA.
- Approval of deferment is also subjected to the availability of the course / module offered.
3. Approval of deferment by Management Team
- After meeting with the student and should he/she decide to proceed with the deferment, the Student Services Executive is to seek the approval from a member of the Management Team.
4. Issue Letter to Accept or Reject deferment
- An official letter to accept or reject the Deferment Request would also be issued to students. This would be done upon the approval by Management.